Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Big's Doctrines, 2005, 3 - Pastoral Vision

2012-3-13 06:47



IV. Statement of Pastoral Vision

  •         My vision or goal is to establish or enhance a church to be involved in local evangelism and worldwide missions (Acts 1:8).
  •         My mission or work is to lead believers to visit, pray, study the Bible, and follow Christ.  Currently I am improving my Sunday sermon messages and building up the personal relationship with the congregation.  The next step is to complete my ordination and establish a long term evangelistic ministry in the church.
  •         I believe that a new church (Acts 1:14) and a new (evangelism) ministry (Acts 13:2-3) should begin with prayer.  The church should do her best to reach the communities (Colossians 1:28) regarding their spiritual and physical needs (Matthew 4:23).  People should be healed (1 Peter 2:24), forgiven (Matthew 6:14), and sanctified (Ephesians 5:26) through the truth of Christ (John 14:6).  However, the living needs of believers should be provided by the family (1 Timothy 5:8) and church (Romans 15:26).

No comments:

Post a Comment